IT-Security when working from home in the context of COVID-19
As a response on the global pandemic situation we have found some relevant material to support you while working remote.
The tools are considered official sites meaning not malicious and virus free. On top of this the solutions, tools and material are free of charge.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT HACKERS WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE HYPE AROUND COVID-19. A LOT OF THESE LINKS WILL APPEAR ON THE INTERNET LOOKING VERY SIMILAR!
IT security advises when working from home:
- Update your computer operating system with the most recent security updates. Seek more details on Apple (iOS), Microsoft (Windows) or Google (Android).
- Update your Smartphone with the most recent updates. This is typically announced automatic on the device. Seek more details on Apple AppStore, Microsoft Store or Google Play.
- Update the firmware on your router (the unit used for your Internet connection). If you don’t know how contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Change the standard provided username and password on you router. If you don’t know how contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Update your operating systems with the most recent security updates. Seek more details on Apple (iOS), Microsoft (Windows) or Google (Android).
- Make sure you have a backup of you vital files i.e. on a USB stick or portable hard-disk.
- Be aware of phishing mails sent by hackers. These look very similar to official links.
- Use Multi Factor Authentication / MFA wherever possible (Facebook, Google, Hotmail etc.). Contact the provider of the service if in doubt.
Immediate remote assistance:
Our goal is to meet our costumer with the high level of service they deserve. If you are suffering from challenges probably we can help out.
After COVID-19 has enforced companies to work remote and think differently, any company is trying to define the “new normal”.
We have a large network of highly skilled Cyber Security Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) ready to help you with complex challenges, tasks & projects that has to be solved.
These resources can immediately be provided remote for execution in any given IT-security context, IT-infrastructure or cross branch organization.
Reach out today and let us help you solve your challenges!
Much of the information on nordicprotect.dk/covid19 (articles, statistics, advise, medical information, etc.) is transcribed directly from other sources, such as World Health Organization, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark etc.
Any action you take upon the information on this page (nordicprotect.dk/covid19) is strictly at your own risk and Nordic Protect will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use and information from this page.